2.09.2009

2Legit. 2Legit 2Quit



What's up people.  Man, this weather is awesome.  I just wanna get out there while the sun's out and log a few.  Instead, I'm gonna sit here and talk about it between projects at work.  

No really, it's gorgeous out and it was last weekend too.  Though Chip and I planned for a warm morning last Saturday - other's planned for WARM weather last Saturday.  Ya, we saw a guy running in shorts with no hat, gloves, or shit-eating grin because he predicted the weather correctly.  It was 26ºs and his body was hating him.  

Anyway, the run went really well.  I did 16.7  at 7:21 a mile.  Right now, that's pretty damn good.  My coach told me to run the New Bedford half marathon in March because it's a very good indicator of what you'll run in April.  So, I'm gonna do it, blow up my Napa time (1:31:00).  Coach said if I run a 1:28:00, I'm in good shape.  Personally, I think I'm gonna crush it.  One, I still have another month to get faster. Two, I know what kind of training I did to run a 1:31:00 and it's nothing close to what I've done over the last two months.  Three, sometimes I don't think my coach knows what he's talking about.  

He did provide me with a google doc last week outlining my training over the next 8 weeks or so.  I'll probably follow it pretty closely but most likely move some days around.  One of the biggest things I noticed though were the even longer weekend runs.  We have one 18 miler and one 21 miler but his schedule shows a few more 20 milers.  Meaning, I might have to go further than everyone else if I really wanna get better. 

In other news, I'm down to 183 lbs from 195 in December and our big Valentine's Day 16 miler is coming up.  Chip and I are planning ridiculous outfits throughout the week.  I can't tell you what we're wearing (you'll see pictures next weekend) but I can say that the second place idea were matching red Snuggies (actually burgundy for all you fans).  The goal of this run is to win the first place prize for most spirit or whatever.  I think there are some sweet prizes - hopefully some new shoes because I need 'em pretty badly now. So stay tuned to the blog and to the news because I'm pretty sure we'll be the stars of the 6 o'clock...

No comments:

Post a Comment