1.12.2009

Longest yet, 15 Miler!!!


Two hours, one minute.  A LONG two hours, one minute.  Chip and I, though planning on doing 12, decided to do the whole 15 last minute.  For you Bostonians, it was from ONE beacon street to Newton Center, around the corner, and back on Comm. Ave.  This means we tackled the third of the dreaded Heart Break Hill.  IT WAS COLD!!! Going out, Chip had ice all over his beard, and I had a little on my ridiculous mustache.  It warmed up a bit though, and it was nice running in the sun on the way back.  Surprisingly, my knee felt good and I even had a little bit left in the tank to sprint the last mile or so.  It was a 35+ mile week so I think the mileage prepared me well.  Next weekend is 'only' 10.5 miles.  I hope to continue getting the miles in during the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment