4.07.2009

Taper Time!!























What's up party people!!! Woot Woot! Time to get mad pumped you sassy bastards...

Welp, I found out why my 21 miler was so shitty. I didn't eat. I was so worried about what was in my stomach and what I'd be taking with me that I didn't eat enough. A small dinner and nothing the morning of was a recipe for disaster (get it, recipe...food intake...) Anyway, wasn't going to make that mistake again. Chip and I went out to the start line again last weekend and did the first 18. It went really well to say the least. It was pretty nice weather and the wind was at our backs. We averaged a 8:29 mile like we were supposed to. Yes, it was the same pace as the 21 miler but I felt like a hundred bucks. It definitely built up my confidence for the race.

Now it's taper time - what's taper time you ask? For the next two weeks, we basically just maintain the fitness we have. According to coach Brian, any hard workouts now take more than 2 weeks to see the results so it would just be tiring our bodies. So 5 here, 7 there, and a 10 miler this weekend NICE AND SLOW.

I think the hardest part of taper time might be not eating as much. When you're running a lot, you're eating a lot. So I gotta cut the burritos and Snickers for two weeks. Not a big deal though it is tough to kick a sweet tooth...

I'll know more about race day after our marathon meeting tonight. For now, I know my bib number is 21786 and that I'm not so sure I can run a 3:10.  Seriously, I know I can for a half marathon and probably further but I lack the experience to know.  Do I just go for it and hope I can finish? Or do I take it a bit slower and make sure I finish?  Bahhh, decisions... I got two weeks to make up my mind.  Chip seems pretty confident and I think he'll do pretty well, better than me.  

Here are my "two weeks out" predictions 1. Chip runs under a 3:10, I run somewhere between 3:20 and 3:30.   2. Chip croaks and I pass him at 21.  HAHAHA, you heard it brother.  PASS, I ain't crossing no line wit you.  I didn't work hard for 5 months to wait up for nobody.  I expect the same.  We're strong gents, we can handle a measly 26.2 on our own two feet (with the rest of Boston screaming at our dumb asses).  

Next post will have AT&T directions on how to track my progress from the interwebs or on your phone.  Get jacked - Woooooooooooooooooooo



No comments:

Post a Comment