2.21.2009

Upgrade jah, Upgrade jah


First off, if you don't 'get' the title - it's from that ridiculously annoying beyonce commercial for some cable company or something I don't know. I do know that she puts an Upgrade gold necklace in her mouth though...so ridiculous.

Anywho, it is true though! I bit the bullet and bought a new pair of shoes! Nothing crazy (besides the price $130) because it's the same shoe I had before. It worked well the first time so...why not?! I got my last pair in July (bday present from the fam) and wasn't really tracking how many miles I was putting on them. Knowing shoes last from 300-500 miles, and knowing I've done 326 since december, I'm guessing it's a bit overdue. Chip and I also went halvsies on a box of GU. After an hour of running the body starts to break down and GU helps build that energy back up! We need to train with them so we can get used to stomaching something with more of a consistency than just gatorade for the big day.

About the run? Well it was OK. Fast, but didn't feel fast. We did another 16.5 from 1 Beacon St to Walnut St in Newton and back along the course, which is more tough than the 17 we did last weekend ALL on the course. Makes us stronger I guess. I ran a 7:30 mile which isn't bad but I knew if I felt better I could go faster. All talk until New Bedford half right? I guess we'll see. It was a beautiful morning with a not so pleasant head wind going out to Newton but it paid off coming back when you needed that extra help pushing you forward.

Next week is our fundraiser at GAME ON! and we're really hoping everyone jumps on the bandwagon. We really need the support and come on, we all know you're going out drinking BLs all night anyway... might as well put yourself in a position to win Celtics tickets, Red Sox tickets, ski passes, and a slew of restaurant gift certificates. God I hope this doesn't flop...

Well all in all, it was nice wearing actual clothes this weekend! Oh, and donate already!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment